[pmwiki-users] using PITS as a project manager [was: draft/Subpageish stuff]

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Feb 6 15:00:59 CST 2005

On Monday, 7 February 2005 7:33 AM, pyg_listes at exiup.com wrote:
>Hi,
>But I really love the idea of using PITS to manage projects, cause I'm
>still looking for a way to manage "tasks" for our projects.
>At the moment, I'm using GForge (a Sourceforge.net fork) to manage this,
>but this is quite complicated : tasks manager need authentification,
>navigating on differents urls, etc.
>Your idea may answer this problem ;)
>
>PITS, seems to be a very good way to manage projects/tasks (in real
>world, bugs are some kinds of projects/tasks...)
>
>pyg

We are on the way to having a modified (well, re-written actually)
version of PITS that lets you

- set up a form template as a wiki page, from which the script
  generates a suitable form (with options for pick lists, radio
  buttons, wiki categories, and so on)

- edit pages using the same form as for creating pages (each page
  automatically gains an 'Edit Form' link)

- use the form template to specify which fields to include in a summary
  page list, and whether to sort a column ascending or descending

Is this of interest?
--
JR