[pmwiki-users] XHTML compliance

David Jackson dave at glossopian.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 06:15:58 CST 2005

I'm sure this is easily fixable, but I'm having one of those empty-head
days..

If you look at
http://glossopian.co.uk/pmwiki.php?n=Main.BackupEnterpriseManagerSettings
and click on the validate XHTML 1.0
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer> link at the bottom of the
screen, you'll see that the apostrophe in the text (|in the word
"don't") ||c|auses the validation to fail.

I have 4 skins setup, but it doesn't work in any of them. This may of
course be a fault of the parser, but it is still bugging me :-)

There used to be a page that listed all the substitutions that pmWiki
could do, & ^ $ % etc., but it seems to have gone.

How do I make pmWiki turn a ' into &#39; ?

Here's the error from http://validator.w3.org

Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an SGML
parser.

/ Line 83, column 81/: non SGML character number 146

| ...L registration information so you don*�*�t have to enter/re-enter
it by hand (q|

Dave Jackson