[pmwiki-users] Editing Printable View

Menachem Shapiro menachem.shapiro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 11:18:19 CST 2005

B"H

The Printable View of the wiki turns out ot work really well for
saving a page as HTML. Just open it up in the Printable View and use
the browser to "Save as HTML".

I would like to edit the output of the Printable View in order to
include some information in the HTML page. Where do I go to edit it?

A search on the wiki found no information about the Printable View for
PmWiki 2.0. I did find a cookbook recipe for version 1 that explained
some things (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook-V1/PrintablePage).
One of the things it showed was that you can set a page called
GroupPrintHeader in order to add some markup information to the
printable page. It looks like this still works in version 2.0

I want to get deeper into the Printable page format. Would it work to
create a local customization file for GroupPrintHeader and
GroupPrintFooter and put some information there?

One thing I am looking to do is automatically generate spaces in the
title for the printable view. According to the glossary
(http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Glossary), you can set a variable for
either $Title or $Titlespaced, but it seems that the only markup title
option is (:title:). Is that correct?

Menachem

--
Are you interested in using Linux?
Download Libranet 2.8.1 for free and try it out.