[pmwiki-users] Re: Question about HTML output for link targets

Larry Lewis pmwiki at jenolan.org
Wed Feb 2 17:50:45 CST 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>>Hypens in names can cause problems too (sorry to be a worry wart)
>>

>Hmm, hyphens are used in nearly every major OS that I'm aware of
>(except maybe VMS), so I think it's relatively safe.

Didn't mean you can not use them (generally) but '-' rather than '_' is
used for arguments and some brain dead command line tools will happily
munge a filename with a hyphen as being a command line option.
Underscore '_' is much safer than hyphen '-' in file names. Can't
remember what I was bitten by recently with hyphens so many gotcha's to
worry about all the time.

Larry