[pmwiki-users] CMS Behavior in AuthUser . . .

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Dec 30 11:03:47 CST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 10:48:12AM -0600, Ben Wilson wrote:
> On a personal note, the recent wave of improvements have heightened
> By cludgy, I mean I wanted a system where I could carry over
> authentication from one wiki-field to another, or from one site. I'd
> like to do this without having to shell over to the server. I figure
> that would require a farm-wiki.d/Site.AuthUser similar to
> farm-config.php that is supplimented by the wiki.d/Site.AuthUser as
> config.php does. That is, have a user universally a member of group
> 'horse,' but in one farm also be a member of group 'clydesdale.'

My plan (not yet implemented, because I wanted AuthUser to stabilize
a bit first) is that an admin can specify multiple Site.AuthUser
configuration files.  Thus, one could do

  $AuthUserPageFmt = array('$SiteGroup.FarmAuthUser', '$SiteGroup.AuthUser');

and it would combine settings from both the Site.FarmAuthUser
and Site.AuthUser pages.  If Site.AuthUser is then kept
in a farm-shared directory (e.g., via Cookbook.SharedPages),
a site can have farm-wide authuser settings in Site.FarmAuthUser
with the ability for local field customizations in each
field's Site.AuthUser page.