[pmwiki-users] CSS isn't processed by Firefox on non-standard HTTP port

Robert Laird rlaird at cavediver.com
Wed Dec 28 23:34:53 CST 2005

I'm having an odd problem...  I'm a PmWiki newbie, but I've got it up
and running on two completely different computers.   Both
installations are identical:  OmniHTTPD, PHP4.4.1, and PmWiki 2.1 beta
14, using the default skin.

The first installation, we'll call it Install-A, works just great in
every way, and I can use either Internet Explorer or Firefox.

The second installation, Install-B, also works just great in every
way, but I can only use Internet Explorer with it.  When I use
Firefox, the CSS file is apparently ignored.

Now, consider these facts:

* with Install-B, the HTML on the page shows the CSS entry, and if I
cut-n-paste that entry into a web browser (Firefox or IE), then it
pulls up the CSS file, as it should.  So, I know that the HTML is
being generated correctly

* using Firefox, even though I get a "non-formatted" wiki, when I
point Firefox at the PmWiki.com site, then it processes the CSS just
fine.

* I've tried multiple skins, and they all have the same issue with
Install-B... the CSS isn't processed, so they have no formatting.

Okay, so, I've told you everything except one thing:  Install-A --
which works great -- is using the standard HTTP port 80.  Install-B
uses a non-standard HTTP port, 99.  That's the only difference between
the two.  But, I've checked and rechecked the PHP.INI, the CONFIG.PHP
and every other configuration file I can find, and I've got everything
set up properly.  All the pages in the wiki can be found, and it works
the way it's supposed to, but none of the CSS code is processed.  But,
it's not the browser, since I can point to the PmWiki.com site and the
CSS code will be processed.  And Internet Explorer works fine.

I'm at a loss for what to do next.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

  -- Robert