[pmwiki-users] Re: Request for changing the default upload policy

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Dec 28 11:55:55 CST 2005

On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 02:58:23PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 01:27:18AM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 09:18:08PM +0100, Mikael Nilsson wrote:
> > > No, a better approach might be to simply ship several sample configs,
> > > such as
> > >
> > > sampleconfig-simpleopen.php
> > > sampleconfig-writeprotected.php
> > > sampleconfig-maximumsecured.php
> >
> > But I hope you're not considering cluttering the root of the installation.
>
> I'm definitely not a fan of adding another directory.  So, if we're
> not going to place them in the root, I think that sample configs
> ought to go in local/, scripts/, or cookbook/ .  If we need a pointer
> to the samples, we can create README or INSTALL files in the root.

Another possibility is to simply create scripts/secure.php, and
then someone wanting high security can do:

    include_once('scripts/secure.php');

Then we can stay with just a single sample-config.php file,
and the sample include line can go at or near the top of the
script (with appropriate explanation of what to do with it).