[pmwiki-users] Almost there for Vietnamese UTF-8

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 26 13:16:24 CST 2005

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 12:16:24PM -0800, Nhan Tran wrote:

>    * I know that regular ASCII text file and UTF-8 text file is a bit
>    different. I use Unipad editor on Windows to edit PmWiKiVi.XLPage before
>    upload to the server. Is there any thing I need to watch out for when
>    editing these UTF-8 files.

Yes, you probably don't want to edit those files in an editor -- you
want to edit them within PmWiki.

>    * My PmWiKiVi.XLPage is different from the same named file extracted from
>    http://www.pmichaud.com/pub/pmwiki/i18n.tgz, with the later file has a
>    bunch  of additional text lines. How come ?

Page files that are stored in the wikilib.d/ and wiki.d/ directories
contain more than just the markup text, they also contain the page
history, time of creation, and a number of other items.  PmWiki doesn't
know what to do with files that contain just markup text.  As I
mentioned above, you'll want to create PmWikiVi.XLPage using PmWiki
itself, and not an external editor.

Or, even better, modify the version of PmWikiVi.XLPage that appears
on pmwiki.org, and then it'll appear in the next version of the i18n.tgz
file.