[pmwiki-users] Live Bookmarks on Firefox . . .

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 10:54:54 CST 2005

On 12/20/05, Waylan Limberg <waylan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Blog stuff aside, suppose I was working on a wiki page of instructions
> for completing some task, and its taking a week to gradiuly update the
> page. You are interested in this and want to be notified when I update
> the page. At the same time, there are plenty of other pages in the
> group/site that other people are editing just as, if not more
> frequently than my page. If you cann't subscribe to a feed of my
> single page only, my page is going to get lost in the mess. Guess that
> is why I see a feed for a single page as having value and why I want
> to offer it as an option to my users.

In thinking about this further (and adding "?action=rss" to arbitrary
pages on pmwiki.org) feeds for pages with lists are not a problem.
That includes RecentChanges, DocumentationIndex, Cookbook etc. which
is nice. That addresses the blog trail issue. However, to get a feed
for updates to a single page, we would need the page history. The
problem is that to get the history requires another action and we can
not do "?action=dif&action=rss". Perhaps there is a way for
"?action=rss" on a single page to generate a feed of the page history.
Of course, summaries should be sufficient - no need to show all
changes.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

--
----