[pmwiki-users] Home Pages in (:pagelist:)s

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Dec 16 12:42:08 CST 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 01:34:38PM -0500, Martin Fick wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 07:26:46AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > I'll be enabling it for the entire pmwiki.org site shortly -- right now
> > it's currently available only on the Test.FPLTemplates page.
>
> That would be:  Test.FPLTemplate.

And I've broken it again temporarily (going back to the original
pagelist.php code), as I'm going to go ahead with a major refactoring
of pagelist.php.

But I do have a question -- what pagelist templates should ship
with PmWiki, and what should we name them/where should they be
stored?

Also, it's possible (although perhaps not advisable) for us to put
several templates on a single page and refer to them by anchor,
should we have separate pages for each template or place common
ones on a single page?  One advantage of embedding templates
in a page with anchors is that we can have the description of the
pagelist format associated with the template itself.  The
pagelist command to load them is then:

    (:pagelist template=Page#titles :)
    (:pagelist template=Page#names :)
    (:pagelist template=Page#bygroup :)