[pmwiki-users] heirarchical navigation

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:55:48 CST 2005

On 12/15/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> While an author can't turn off the group link, the administrator
> certainly can.  If you're using the default PmWiki skin, just
> use the following line in config.php:
>
>     $HTMLStylesFmt['pagegroup'] = ' .pagegroup { display:none; } ';
>
> Or you can place the following line into pub/css/local.css:
>
>     .pagegroup { display: none; }

Or for that matter, you could even edit the template file and
completely remove the pagegroup from the template.

As far as using trails, you may like to look at this example of how I
got it to work at:
http://warrenforestcourt.org/Rules/Rules

The trail is defined by the multi-level list at Rules/Rules (which
also serves as the TOC) and  I used the TrailMenu recipe for the
sidebar and the TitleOf recipe ( which I believe is now part of PmWiki
core) to get the longer page titles to display instead of the shorter
pagenames. Sorry, its not publicly editable, so you can't see how I
did the markup, but if you have any questions just ask.

As a side note, you may notice the convoluted numbering system (thanks
to attorneys). I had initially tried to create my own cms for the
site, but was having difficulty getting the numbering system to sort
properly from a database. PmWiki's trail removed all those headaches.

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com