[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Blog proposal

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:37:35 CST 2005

On 12/15/05, sven saurwein <saurwein at komit.at> wrote:
> (*)
> so I tend towards making a title mandatory and in any case merge
> creation date AND title for the pagename, maybe stripping the title to
> first, say, 6 words:
> www.pmwiki.org/Blog/20051215=TheyForcedMeToFillTitle
> www.pmwiki.org/Blog/20051215=INamedThisPageSue

If you want to configure yours to work that way fine. Just don't make
me do mine that way. I like the flexability to do as I please. I
realize that in some cases flexability can be a bad thing - but in
other's its not. As long as a site admin can configure PmWiki to be as
flexable or inflexable as that site needs, I'm all for it. Just don't
expect others (me) to like your less flexable approach. I'll configure
mine my way. Thank you.

Which brings to mind the one thing I havn't seen dicussed. Supose an
admin want to restrict blog posts to a tighter naming scheme that
PmWiki's defaults. Any idea's how one would do so? Perhaps some more
$Fmt type variables (bad example: $BlogPostNameFmt = ${Name}; or
something like that)

--
----
Waylan Limberg