[pmwiki-users] Blog proposal

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Dec 15 09:17:04 CST 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 09:11:38AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> For authors that don't want to have to come up with a name for
> every blog entry, they can simply use ?action=newblog, which
> automatically generates a pagename for them based on the current
> date, and comes up in an edit page with "(:blog:)" already entered
> at the top of the page.
>
> However, authors can also choose to simply create a new (named)
> page, and enter (:blog:) to have that page added to the blog trail.

Or, we could incorporate some form of (:newpagebox:),
and add a rule that an empty value from the box means to generate
a pagename based on date.  So, an author simply types in a name
to the (:newpagebox:), or leaves it blank if they want PmWiki
to automatically generate a name according to date or some other
algorithm.