[pmwiki-users] Kind-of Blog 1.1 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Dec 14 20:28:51 CST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 08:42:01PM -0500, Ryan R. Varick wrote:
> Wow, I leave my computer for a few hours and completely lose track of
> my project!

Believe me, I know the feeling.  :-)

> The changes Patrick suggests go beyond KOB.   They go beyond a
> wiki-based blog.  By removing the naming barrier, the end result would
> truly leverage the possibilities of a wiki and of a blog.  I think
> it's great, and I can't wait to see it happen.  With any luck, KOB
> will be obsoleted!

I'm hoping that's the case.  :-)

> On that note, I'm not really sure what *I* should do right now.  I'm
> new to pagelist, and I've never used trail before, so I'm reluctant to
> spend days working on something that Patrick could probably do in a
> few hours.  I think I'm going to wait to see how this shakes out,
> unless there are some immediate needs I should work on.

I'm not a blogger, although I read a few, and I'm unfamiliar with
other blogging packages, so I don't know what bloggers expect to
find, or the interfaces they're used to.  So, I need help with knowing
what "makes sense" to bloggers versus what doesn't.  (But it's also
worth noting that pmichaud.com was originally intended to have
blog-like features, I just got too busy on other things to update
it regularly.)

So, just seeing the features you chose to prioritize, and
what you were willing to accept, has been a huge help.  Any
further interface suggestions you or others might have will
be the biggest help.  I should have more details on the design
in an upcoming post.