[pmwiki-users] Re: Unifying variables, attributes, properties, part 1

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Dec 14 18:06:46 CST 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Thus, my first thought about unification is that we make all of the page
> variables look like markup variables, so that PHP scripts and PHP
> templates use {$Group}, {$FullName}, {$PageUrl}, etc. exactly as markup
> authors would do.  This would help to highlight that these aren't
> "global variables" in the PHP sense, as well as remove some of the
> confusion about when to use braces.

So, to check that I'm following you. You're proposing that the following
should be depreceated (and obsoleted within a year or so):

	$group = FmtPageName("$Group", $PageName);

Instead, the argument to FmtPageName() should in this case look as
follows:

	$group = FmtPageName("{$Group}", $PageName);

If this is correct, it sounds good to me. :-)

/Christian