[pmwiki-users] Kind-of Blog 1.1 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Dec 14 15:51:01 CST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 04:06:22PM -0500, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> On 12/14/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > *  Other posts to the page don't affect the blog trail.
>
> I assume you mean edits?

Yes, I meant edits.  (I tend to think of saved changes as "posts".)

> > *  The blogger always has the option of reordering articles in
> >    the blog by simply editing the blog trail.  Articles in the
> >    blog trail can easily belong to different WikiGroups.
>
> Fun with archives. And entries could use categories or years as Groups
> or something for additional organization. This really opens up the
> possibilities.

Yes, it's especially nice since one can simply cut-and-paste the
blog trail to create archives.  And of course a single blog entry
could appear in many different trails, and a single wiki installation
could easily support multiple individuals' separate blogs.

For that matter, I'm wondering if perhaps a checkbox or button to post
an article is the wrong UI approach for this, and the way that someone
posts an article to a blog is by simply adding (:blog BlogTrail:) in
the page markup somewhere (which creates the named blog trail if it
doesn't exist).

The BlogTrail page could then contain default markup and/or property
settings to be placed at the top of each entry in the blog -- sort
of like GroupHeader does for pages in a group.  For example,
(:blog BlogTrail:) could contain wikitrail markup to be displayed
at the top of every entry on the trail, as well as define custom
wikistyles or other items.