[pmwiki-users] Properties

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Wed Dec 14 12:40:57 CST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 11:49:18AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 12:43:10PM -0500, Martin Fick wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 10:31:01AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > > So, since properties aren't always saved, we can't really have a
> > > markup that says "display property XYZ for page ABC" unless we're
> > > willing to process page ABC's markup each time, or always save all
> > > of its properties as something other than attributes.
> >
> >   Unless we treated them as invariants per page.  Then our
> > lookup would not have to process the markup, but rather just
> > search it like an include currently does.
>
> Alas, it might not be quite that simple:
>
>     (:property xyz {$Name}:)
>
>     [=(:property this_is_not_a_property value:)=]

  Yeah, well neither does this: :)

    (:include Test.PM#this_is_not_an_anchor#this_is_an_anchor:)

    Test.PM page:

      !! Before anchor section
      [=[[#this_is_not_an_anchor]]=]
      !! Inside anchor section
      [[#this_is_an_anchor]]
      !! After anchor section

  In other words it does work, the included section is just
what's between the fake anchor and the real one.

  -Martin