[pmwiki-users] Properties

Sebastian Siedentopf schlaefer at macnews.de
Tue Dec 13 15:16:57 CST 2005

Am 13.12.2005 um 21:33 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:
> $SaveProperties would be intended only for those properties that
> are stored in the markup (i.e., it's part of the edit sequence).
> Other scripts that wish to store properties in page files can
> already do this by calling WritePage directly.  PmWiki doesn't
> remove page attributes unless explicitly told to do so somehow.

This answers the question, but how knows PmWiki about this?

For example I use the property A with

	$page['A']= 'foo';
	WritePage(...,$page);

in my own script (never with the property markup) and a property B on
the page with

	(:property B=value:)

Now I delete the markup

	(:property B=value:)

from the page. So property B will be deleted when I save the page
again. But how does PmWiki knows, that property A wasn't on the page
before (I think a diff for every property is really slow)? This was
my only concern. But if it works, I'm fine.

> $RetainedProperties is really one of the things that ?action=attr
> is intended to do -- ?action=attr is able to edit any page attribute,
> not just passwords.

Uh, I'm discovering $PageAttributes right now. That's a really nice
feature. :)

Sebastian