[pmwiki-users] Kind-of Blog 1.1 released

Ryan R. Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 22:04:46 CST 2005

To anyone that is interested in KOB, I've just updated the cookbook
page with a new version.  New features:

1.  fixed the stylesheet bug, I think
2.  removed lots of dead code, cleaned things up, tidied the configuration
3.  enhanced the archive:  (:blogarchive group=NAME monthsback=N wrap=M:)
4.  removed the navigation bar from the archive, since it didn't work anyway
5.  new entry format (!)
6.  new directive-based presentation of entries
7.  put entries in alternating divs for syle
8.  updated the stylesheet accordingly

The big thing is the new post format.  It's now directive based, which
makes things a lot more flexible.  Unfortunately, it also means old
entries won't work well with the new system.  They won't hurt
anything, they just won't work well on the digest or in the RSS feed.
I recommend starting anew!  Hopefully the format won't have to change
again (until properties are introduced).

With the new directives, the title, link, and timestamp now fit into a
template, the $kobEntryFmt array.  By reordering entries, you will
reorder how they are presented when you view an entry, or use the
digest.  Also, the timestamp is stored in ISO format.  This means that
the timestamp line can be formatted however you want.

I also added some quick styles to show alternating blog entry colors.

Anyway, it's a lot more configurable, and I would appreciate itif
people could take a look, play around, check out the configuration
notes in kob.php, and let me know what they think.

Good luck!

Ryan