[pmwiki-users] Re: Useful default pages (was: Profiles.HomePage)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 12 16:29:54 CST 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 03:19:11PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > Why not 'Profiles.Profiles'?
> >
> > >     Category.Category    -- display the known categories on the site
> > >     Category.GroupFooter -- display pages in the current category
>
> I was tempted to post the same thing in the opposite direction.  That
> is: Why not Category.HomePage?
>
> I eventually switched from using $Group.$Group to $Group.HomePage.  By
> using $Group.HomePage you can can exclude group home pages from
> pagelists with ` -.HomePage', which I do frequently.  There are other
> reasons I prefer $Group.HomePage, for example because the purpose of
> the page is more self-evident from looking at the URL.

Unless you're doing something else beyond what is described here,
note that ' -.HomePage' as a parameter excludes not only the HomePage,
but also any page that contains ".HomePage" in the text and any page that
links to *any* .HomePage.

One can exclude group home pages from pagelists (either Group.Group
or Group.HomePage) by using

    $SearchPatterns['default'] = '!([^.]+)\\.($1|HomePage)!';