[pmwiki-users] Properties

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 12 12:47:10 CST 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 11:10:53AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I'm thinking of adding something like Cookbook.Properties into the
> core distribution, but want to get feedback (especially Dominique's)
> on the markup, since what I'm thinking of using differs somewhat from
> the recipe version.
>
> At this stage this is just a proposal and not a commitment.

Another note:

Given the current markup processing structure, in order for the
(:if property ...:) conditional to work, all of the (:property:) tags
have to be processed before it.  This means that there's not really a
possibility to have conditional property settings, so

    (:if auth edit:)
    (:property something=value:)
    (:ifend:)

always sets the property "something" even if the current visitor
doesn't have edit permissions.

Is this a big issue?  (As far as I can tell this restriction also
exists for the Cookbook.Properties recipe.)