[pmwiki-users] Nested divs needed for blog styling...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 12 11:17:00 CST 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 11:24:43AM -0500, Ryan R. Varick wrote:
> On 12/12/05, Mikael Nilsson <mini at nada.kth.se> wrote:
> > Now, are you still storing entries on a per-date basis? so that multiple
> > entries on a day ends up in the same wiki page? I am of the opinion that
> > it would be better with one page per post, as that would make
> > commenting, linking, etc easier...
> >
> > But that is a separate discussion, and this is all very good in any
> > case.
>
> Yes, for now.  There was some discussion in the other thread about
> doing away with the date-based storage model altogether.  I think I'll
> save storage for a 1.2 release.  :-)

FWIW, my opinion is that there's not a single "right way" to organize
blog entries; different applications will benefit from different
organizational formats.  This is partially why I haven't done much
on blogging yet -- I've wanted to come up with a scheme generic
enough to be able to handle many different organization schemes
(the same is true for comments).

Speaking of comments, it is now *very likely* that some form of
page commenting features will be available in the core distribution
before the end of 2005.