[pmwiki-users] Change to Cookbook

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Dec 11 10:14:18 CST 2005

On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 01:45:07PM -0500, DaveG wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >I also think that we should use "value=" instead of "field=" for
> >the default text, to be consistent with the parameter names used
> >for other forms.
> Sounds reasonable, although it sounds a little permenant to non-HTML
> coders. How about "defaultvalue"? I don't feel too strongly either way.

Just as a general philosophical position, I think that for markups
dealing with form-level elements we can assume we aren't really
targeting non-HTML coders.  Staying with HTML attribute names
also means that for those who have some familiarity with HTML
(or those who may eventually become familiar with HTML) won't have
to perform an internal mapping of "value" in HTML means "defaultvalue"
in PmWiki.

> > Maybe "buttonside"?
>
> I struggled with this (and naming the other variables too). I thought of
> "buttonpos" but didn't like the abbreviation, and the full version does
> seem a little long. "buttonside" sounds odd, but at this point I can't
> come up with better. Maybe "buttonposition" is the way to go after all?

After thinking about it, I'd go with just "button=right".