[pmwiki-users] Re: Newer PMWikier needs help

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 9 22:38:23 CST 2005

On 12/9/05, JB <jbit at ev1.net> wrote:
> > > I have created a PMWiki.
> > >
> > >   http://wiki.bybent.com/avatar/avatar.php
>
> > > I want the edit links in the upper right of the page to be:
> > > "View   Edit   Recent Changes   History   Print"
> > > How do I change this?
> >
> > Edit Site/PageActions
>
> I made a lot of changes and they work great!
>
> I do not know the syntax of wikilib.d/Site.PageActions.
> If I edit wikilib.d/Site.PageActions wont this be wiped out
> when and if I upgrade to a newer version of PMWiki?

Your edited version won't be wiped out.  Once you edit a distributed
page your edited version will take precedence over any distributed
version.

How it works:
If there's a page in wikilib.d/ (the distributed pages' storage
location) and another copy in wiki.d/ (your writable pages' storage
location), then the one in wiki.d/ is used.

If you want to fall back on the distributed version, just delete the page.

> On the Home page I want to move the search box to be just
> under the link text under the upper right side.

I think you're looking for

>>rfloat<<
(:searchbox:)
>><<

> I want to be able to allow people to upload pictures
> and display them on a page.  I don't know to do this.

For that, you'll want to enable uploads and use the Attach: markup.
It's covered in the documentation.

> My pmwiki.tmpl file has 2 "<!--PageLeftFmt-->" in it.
> This is consistent with
>   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SkinGuidelines
>

> <!--PageLeftFmt-->
>         <!--wiki:$Group.SideBar $SiteGroup.SideBar-->
> <!--/PageLeftFmt-->

Not sure what the question is... Notice that the second one has a /,
meaning it ends that portion of page output.  The output between the
two can be suppressed using the (:noleft:) directive.

Hagan