[pmwiki-users] WikiWord links

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 5 10:57:50 CST 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 04:38:02PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> another question:
>
> If upgrading from v1, are WikiWords automatically converted to links
> in brackets, or ignored (left as is) and therefor not working as links
> any longer in the upgrade?

At present they are ignored.  Perhaps we should fix this.

> I try to find out what needs documenting where, since the change to no
> wikiwords as default has a big impact on any site upgrading.

Yes, I saw the note about wikiwords in PmWiki.Upgrades -- I'm not
sure that it belongs there.  I doubt that anyone ever looks as
the PmWiki.Upgrades page after doing their first upgrade, and
if someone is doing a major revision upgrade they really ought to
be looking in the PmWiki.ReleaseNotes anyway (where I'm currently
keeping the wikiword change as the first bullet).

We definitely need a note in PmWiki.UpgradingFromPmWiki1, however.

Any other ideas/suggestions very welcome.