[pmwiki-users] Re: Binding several classes in wiki styles

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Dec 1 14:31:37 CST 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 09:21:52PM +0100, Dominique Faure wrote:
> I just wanted to be able to write something like %rframe +wikilink%,
> which in my case could resolve to a merge of class attributes only.
> OTOH, CSS allow multiple declaration of the same attribute (with the
> last one as winner), so this could be acceptable.

I'm thinking that class attributes should automatically add
even without the + sign in the wikistyle.  I'm not sure there's any
case where we need a class attribute to overwrite a previous one--i.e.,

    %rframe class='foo'%

should always result in class='frame rfloat foo', not class='foo'.
Similarly,

    %define=wikilink class=wikilink%
    %rframe wikilink%

should result in class='frame rfloat wikilink', and not just
class='wikilink'.  If we do come across a case where we need a
wikistyle's class to override a previous one, we'll come up with
a way to deal with it then.