[pmwiki-users] Re: blank page with beta55 and Apache2/PHP5

Edward Chadwick edward.chadwick at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:41:49 CDT 2005

On 8/29/05, Edward Chadwick <edward.chadwick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble running PmWiki-2.0.beta55 on Apache2/PHP5/Linux.
> Page requests result in a totally blank page (no headers or content).
> There are also no errors in the server logs, just a 200 OK response.
>
> PmWiki-2.0.beta22 works fine, as does beta55 on Apache1.3/PHP4.3. I
> have another php app running from a different html_docs directory
> (Drupal). Could there be a conflict with the session handling in the
> newer version and Drupal?

OK just to give you a bit more information: I installed clean versions of
various releases, and it stops working at beta29. That is, all versions up
to beta28 work just fine, and at beta29 it stops working.

I looked in the change log and it seems that quite a bit was done between
these two versions, particularly with respect to authentication and
authorization.

Has anybody else had trouble with Apache2/PHP5? I'm also using Basic
authentication at the webserver level. I've also tested it on an unprotected
part of the site, and that has the same problem: nothing is returned when
pmwiki.php is loaded.

Thanks for any help.

Ed Chadwick.

--