[pmwiki-users] Re: Persistant Spam even with blocklist

Bob Atkins bobatkins at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 11:16:14 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud <at> pobox.com> writes:

> This is one reason why the urlapprove script can be somewhat better
> than blocklists; with urlapprove the external links are blocked
> regardless of any tricks or encodings the spammers may try to employ
> (because they require explicit approval instead of explicit
> disapproval).
>
> Pm

Can the urlapprove.php script from v2.whatever be used in conjunction with
1.0.11?

I did try it (putting it on the scripts directory and including it from the
config file) , but it didn't seem to work. I assume it operates on code that's
unique to v2.whatever.

I've added the post to edit conversion line as you suggested. It will take a
while to see if the spam reappears.

Thanks for the help.

Bob