[pmwiki-users] Fast Categories loading at last - new recipe

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Aug 28 08:05:30 CDT 2005

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 02:50:10PM +0200, Mateusz Czapli?ski wrote:
> Hi again.
> As I got highly frustrated by Categories index pages generating sooooo
> long, I've written a recipe, which aims to solve the problem.
>
> The recipe is at:
> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FastBacklinks
>
> I'd be grateful if you copied any questions and discussion to my
> personal e-mail account, as they might slip from my attention in the
> list traffic.

This is excellent, but looking at this tells me there's a much
faster and simpler way, that also avoids the potential problems
of cross-references being out of date with respect to the files
in wiki.d (e.g., when files are renamed, removed by the wikiadmin,
etc.)   I'll try to implement the improved version this week.

As a side benefit we should also get a big speed improvement on
the refcount.php script, since it will be able to use the same

Thanks!