[pmwiki-users] Re: text wraps, then doesn't wrap.

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sat Aug 27 08:07:26 CDT 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 11:56:27AM -0700, Phil Seyer wrote:
> >    Why does the text sometimes wrap and then sometimes does not wrap?
> >
> >    Should I always expect to end lines with \\  ?
>
> No, you should only end lines with \\ when you explicitly need a
> line break.  Otherwise, lines will tend to wrap as expected.

For some reason I've noticed that new users of pmwiki very often put \\ at
the end of lines to cause line breaks. I don't know why... maybe the help
text below the edit window needs to be clearer somehow?

Actually, maybe Phil could answer why he believes that he needs to use \\?
That would be very helpful!

/Christian