[pmwiki-users] Guestbook not working in my configuration with Per Group Subdirectories

David Sovinski aslan at aslandata.com
Fri Aug 26 13:37:35 CDT 2005

This problem was originally put out to the group about a month ago. Is
anyone working on it to give me some encouragement tha a solution might
be forth coming?

I've been having a configuration specific problem in pmwiki-2.0.beta54:
Caspian

    * I am using Guestbook, PITS, and Per Group Subdirectories. And
      there-in lies the problem. If I remove the Per Group
      Subdirectories option and make sure that Guestbook
      /include_once('cookbook/guestbook.php');/ is the *first* entry in
      the local/config.php it seems to work. However if I turn on the
      Per Group Subdirectories then Guestbook quits working again. If I
      put Guestbook in after PITS /include_once('cookbook/PITS.php');/,
      PITS recipe doesn't find its files correctly but Guestbook does
      work. pm did look at this a bit and said that he thought there was
      a problem in Guestbook and specifically with $pagename.
      <SNIP> from an email from pm
      The guestbook.php recipe takes some serious liberties with setting
      the value of $pagename -- in particular, it undoes any setting of
      $pagename that might've been done by a previous recipe or
      config.php setting. So, guestbook.php needs to be rewritten to not
      do this; in the meantime it means it must be loaded before
      anything else.
      </SNIP>
      Per Group Subdirectories being active is important to me and any
      help is appreciated.

Any suggestions who I might contact for help?

This information is also on the Guestbook recipe page

Thank you

David Sovinski (Caspian)