[pmwiki-users] Mailposts messages not arriving at $MailPostsTo list

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Aug 26 11:37:16 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 05:19:23PM -0500, David Sovinski wrote:
> I now have more info and know something changed between beta48 and beta54.
>
> Previously I had always explicitly declared
> "include_once("scrips/mailposts.php");" in my local/config.php.

There are a couple of relevant items here.  First, in order
for mailposts.php to work the $MailPosts... variables have to
be set before the mailposts.php script is loaded.  So, if it's
explicitly loaded from config.php then one has to make sure that
any settings are made prior to loading it.

At some point I changed the standard configuration (in scripts/stdconfig.php)
so that one could arrange to have mailposts.php loaded simply by specifying
$EnableMailPosts=1.  This always occurs after local/config.php and
any per-group or per-page customizations, so it's easier to just
say $EnableMailPosts=1; and then let the standard configuration load
things.

> 2) How do we know what other /scripts don't need to be explicitly
> declared? Or should no /scripts require explicit declaration?

That's a tricky question.  I suppose it would be possible for me
to make $EnableXYZ variables for every script that exists in the
scripts/ directory, but sometimes it just seems easier to have them
loaded explicitly.  And it's also good practice for admins to be
familiar with the include_once('...'); syntax for when cookbook
recipes are installed.