[pmwiki-users] help with CSS in skin based on PHPNET

Janice Heinold jmh at innovolition.com
Fri Aug 26 08:58:23 CDT 2005

Hi,

I am creating a wiki skin based on PHPNET. The template that I create will
be used for both wiki and non-wiki pages, so for the moment, I converted
the .tmpl file to .html for me to easily visualize and test my styles. My
sample page and the css file are here:

http://www.sci.tamucc.edu/stweb/pagetemplate/sample.html
http://www.sci.tamucc.edu/stweb/pagetemplate/phpnet.css

THE PROBLEM: I need to be able to bold certain entries in the sidebar.
However,  <strong> isn't working in the sidebar; only  <b> works, which I
know isn't the preferred way. Pmwiki's ''' syntax for bold inserts
<strong>, as does Dreamweaver. My stylesheet for  <strong> in the sidebar
uses font-weight:900 and I also tried font-weight:bold and font-
weight:bolder. None of these work.

Could someone please take a look at my code and tell me what I'm doing
wrong? It's probably something simple I'm overlooking, but I'm just not
seeing it.

Thanks,
Janice