[pmwiki-users] Re: pagelist and definition-list

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Thu Aug 25 21:48:25 CDT 2005

On Friday 26 August 2005 05:27, you wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 02:35:19AM +0530, V.Krishn wrote:
> > The default pagelist is formated using <dl><dt>......
> > I was wondering if using <ul> or maybe <ol> could be better choice?
>
> Any particular reason why?
Primarily coz I was working on a code that makes use of a <ul> list.
I also usually insert pagelist in the sidebar, after filtering out undesired
pages(I hope this not an unrecommended practice).
It was then I realized what could be the reason for choosing a definition list
for listing pagelist 'bygroups'.

Secondly, other pagelists make use of <ul> to generate 'group' list and
'simple' list.
Though one can use definition list with structures that are not strict terms
and definitions. In case of page list which being list of pure links to pages
(presently), using a <ul> for groups and <li> for its pages could be a better
option.

V.Krishn