[pmwiki-users] How do I control $HTMLVSpace?

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Aug 23 20:07:43 CDT 2005

Is there a way to ask pmwiki to insert something other
than $HTMLVSpace to space out a list?

* item 1

* item 2

* item 3

The reason I ask is that when typesetting a page for printing,
we don't normally require $HTMLVSpace, so all the resulting
normal way to space out a list. What I'd like to do is ask
pmwiki to insert a different spacing variable when processing
list markup.

Is this possible and if so how do I do it? Or is there a
better way to do this, like insert an attribute on the
item's xml tag to indicate spacing is required -- that is,
somehow ask pmwiki to turn the above into (for example)

<item skip='big'>text</item>

rather than

If necessary, I can possibly do a post-processing match and
replace, but it would be nice if there were a better way.

Any ideas?
--
JR