[pmwiki-users] Re: (:include:) like <!--wiki:put_your_pagenames_here-->

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Aug 20 03:09:10 CDT 2005

Saturday, August 20, 2005, 3:34:59 AM, Bronwyn wrote:
> I played with it some more after fixing the spelling errors. and it
> still has some strange problems, like not showing the included content
> at all if on a sidebar page.

This is a general behavior of the (:include:) markup:
When you are on a page which is included with the markup, it does not
include itself. This makes some sense because otherwise the page would
mirror itself infinitely. Unfortunately it does apply in the use of
the markup in the sidebar as well.

I once created a group SideBar which consisted of an
(:include {$Group}.{$Group}:)
and Group.Group was the group's index page listing the pages in the
group. This worked fine, but going to the index page meant suddenly
having an empty sidebar! The page content was there, but not mirrored
in the sidebar. This was a bit startling I thought, so I did not use
it.

It would be nice if the page can still be included in itself on a
different division of itself, like the sidebar or a rightbar.

Best,
~Hans