[pmwiki-users]SEO: Avoiding Headings in the SideBar

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Thu Aug 18 12:36:01 CDT 2005

On Aug 17, 2005, at 9:29 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 02:09:35PM -0400, Crisses wrote:
>
>> thus the CSS has to take inheritance into account.  I think this is
>> the correct markup:
>>
>> ul.sidebar {  } a list in the sidebar -- this would be the former
>> headers
>>
>> ul.sidebar > li.sidebar {  }  to format a list item with an unordered
>> list as it's parent -- this would be all the list header's children
>> elements
>>

> IIRC, IE 6 doesn't understand '>' selectors.   As a result, one has
> to also specify a CSS rule for any nested <li>'s.

I will keep bad words about IE and design to myself for the moment.

Are you saying that we'll have to make a class for "firstlevelli":

<ul>
<li class="firstlevelli">this is a first level list item</li>
<ul>
<li class="justalistitem">2nd level</li>
<li class="justalistitem">Another 2nd Level</li>
</ul>
<li class="firstlevelli">this is another first level list item</li>
</ul>

Where in the sidebar, firstlevelli is what used to be the "header"
item for the sidebar.

Crisses
----
"...and then I found out that he is as pen-obsessed as I am...and
that he even uses the same make & model of pen that I do.  Right
then, I knew he was the man of my dreams and I could stop looking..."
   (conversation in my own head)