[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Thought for the advanced authors UI mode

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Aug 17 08:07:44 CDT 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Radu wrote:

> At 05:01 PM 8/16/2005, chr at home.se wrote:
> >I should probably have emphasized that I'd like this list to over pages
> >that *I've* visited/edited. (Otherwise the list might get filled with
> >pages that other people have edited - that could be nice in itself
> >though).
>
> In that case the page to update on each save (and include in the skin)
> is more something like Profiles.$Author-RecentEdits; there are several
> ways I can see this done, depending on what the goal is behind it.

This does sound rather useful to me. I guess we'll just have to hope there
won't ever be an author called e.g. Raud-RecentEdits ;-)

How did you then go about extracting the list of recent edits from that
page and append '?action=edit'?   (Or is that added to each
entry in ...-RecentEdits when it is created?)

> However, for my view-aware bundle-skin :), I won't do that in favor of
> some other functionality I had proposed: a mechanism for tagging pages
> of interest and making visible only THEIR recent edits.

That also sounds useful, but I suspect it might be almost perpendicular to
how I'd use a list of pages I'd recently edited. In the case where I
originally thought of this feature, I was creating an entirely new group
of pages (e.g. Test.Test, Test.SideBar, Test.GroupHeader, Test.Pages,
Test.SomePage1, Test.Problem1, Test.Problem2). These aren't pages I'd
normally tag as interesting, just pages I was working with and went back
and forth between.

> I'll keep your suggestion in mind however, since it may wind up doing
> what I need while reducing the load on the wiki at save time.

Do we have a suitable page for listing useful UI features?  Primarily I'd
just like to make sure that we keep the ideas in a list somewhere for
future reference (or when someone feels like hacking something "cool").

/Christian