[pmwiki-users] getting pagelist to show some groups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Aug 16 10:03:35 CDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 03:17:37PM +0100, Daphne Tregear wrote:
> It's probably me being dense again, but
>
> (:pagelist:)
> (:pagelist fmt=group:)
> (:pagelist group=PmWiki:)
>
> all work as I expect.
>
> (:pagelist group= -PmWiki:)
>
> doesn't show me any of the rest of the groups. Yes, there is a space
> between the = and the -.

Apparently PmWiki's internal ParseArgs() function does strange things
with values of the form "name=" where there's no value immediately
following, and that's causing no pages to display.  I'll have to see
about a fix.

In the meantime, if you're wanting to display pages from all groups
except the PmWiki group, the correct syntax will eventually be

    (:pagelist group=-PmWiki:)

but that's not implemented yet.  You might also look at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SearchPatterns and see if
it can give you what you want.