[pmwiki-users] Pop-ups for definitions

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Aug 14 20:53:50 CDT 2005

On Saturday, 13 August 2005 1:23 AM, David Sovinski <aslan at aslandata.com> wrote:
>Thanks
>Using ver2.0beta54
>I installed extendmarkup.php to my cookbook directory. (just got the
>script tonight from pmwiki)
>I added include_once('cookbook/extendmarkup.php'); to my config.php
>and put
>{:'''Strong''':'''Strong'''}
>
>{:'''Strong''':'''Strong'''}
>
>{:{=sticky note=}:{=sticky note=}}
>on  my Main.HomePage.
>It does not recognize it as markup and just displays the raw input of
>what I put in.

This is strange.

Can you provide a link to this page, with $EnableDiag = 1; set in your
local/config.php file?

Are other recipes working correctly?

The examples above are using the definition markup to provide a tooltip
showing what markup to use to achieve a particular effect. In general,
you will want to write things like {SOE|State-owned Enterprise}.

>One thing I noticed it that pmwiki's Sandbox does not display the markup
>correctly but the markup page does
>(http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensions)
>
>Do I have to enable extendmarkup by group or something else?

On pmwiki.org, an old version of the markup extensions is enabled for
just that page. So the extensions don't work on the rest of the site.

--
JR