simple tables... WAS Re: [pmwiki-users] bug in [@ @]?

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Sat Aug 13 15:56:04 CDT 2005

At 04:06 PM 8/13/2005, you wrote:
>  But if
>interpreting the table markup means requires knowing lots
>of codes or having something that doesn't look like its
>output, then I'd prefer to go with the table markup standard
>that everyone else is using.

Are you saying that the advanced tables look ANYTHING like their output??

Or a simple table with lots of content that winds up wrapping all
over the place?

I agree with what you're saying, things should look as they appear,
which is why I was suggesting using the local variables. No codes.
the a1, b2, etc can be whatever the author likes, like title,
caption, left-up, right-down, or even descriptive variable names
depending on content.

If you have time, take a look at tables around:
http://www.carleton.ca/ecree/en/grammar/NNo/ENNo-Inflections-Gender.html

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)