cascades, Pm? WAS Re: [pmwiki-users] shared pages and skin-specific pagestores

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Sat Aug 13 14:38:58 CDT 2005

At 05:52 AM 8/13/2005, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
>I found that the pages from $FarmD/wiki.d overruled the ones from
>$PukkaPath/wikilib.d.  How can I change this, and will changing it
>cause problems for others who will use the skin?

That's one of the problems of bundling... You have to change some of
the core. The best way I figured, is to make the overriding changes
in the skin.php rather than in local configs and then any other skin
that's built on the core will still be working.

>Also, thinking ahead, are variables set in config.php automatically global?

that's php stuff. In functions and included files, you have to
declare any pmwiki variables you want to reuse as global.

And to answer your question, variables are available after they are
defined. Every time I need a variable, I pretty much echo it in a
comment and see if it's defined; if it's not, I make it global. If it
still doesn't show up, I try to figure out why, which is sometimes tough :)

Pm, a really good help for us helpers-coders would be a decent
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiCascades
that can be properly maintained only from the bird-eye's view you have :)

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)