[pmwiki-users] DocumentationGuidelines updated

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Fri Aug 12 07:48:36 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-12  01:12 PM +0530, V.Krishn is rumored to have said:
>Documentation Guidelines updated
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/DocumentationGuidelines
>
>I hope its simple for both readers and authors.

Actually, I think it is now more complicated than it was.

The previous structure had a list of bullet points at the top followed by
longer explanations of some of those points beneath. This allowed an author
to get a quick "feel" for the guidelines, but also provided more details
for those who wanted them.

The current structure has too many subdivisions (never thought I would hear
myself saying that!!!) and makes it difficult to quickly scan the
guidelines. It seems to violate the KISS principle, which *is* one of the
guidelines!

The content is good - it is the presentation that I find less useful than
the previous layout.  I will take another stab at the page later today.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668