[pmwiki-users] Link syntax question

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 10 19:50:40 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 02:41:24PM -0700, John W Morris wrote:
>    What is wrong with the following link:   I can't find this format listed
>    as permitted but seems like it should be.   I know I can just save the
>    picture and make "it" the link but this should be easier.
>
>    ie.  [[go here|display this]]
>
>    [[http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1729198-10378967|http://www.afcyhf.com/image-1729198-10378967]]
>
>    Each part works but the sum is less the the total in this case.

PmWiki wants the url to end in .gif, .jpg, or .png before it can
recognize them as images.  Thus, you might need to do something like

    [[http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1729198-10378967|http://www.afcyhf.com/image-1729198-10378967?x=.gif]]

In practice "?x=.gif" is ignored  by the target site, and tricks
PmWiki into believing that the url is an image.