making changes to the docs (was: Re: [pmwiki-users] Supporting different modes in default pmwiki)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Aug 9 15:43:10 CDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 04:37:48PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> >However, what do we do with comments, especially the unresolved ones? Is
> >it OK to just chuck them on a Test page and link the docs to a distributed
> >Intermap prefix like Test: ?
>
> I had a quick look at the Categories page, and a better choice would be
> [[!DocumentationToBeChecked]]. It meshes nicely with the existing
> category  [[!DocumentationToDo]].

I think they can both be [[!DocumentationToDo]] -- just put notes
on the page that say what items need to be checked.

> As for unresolved comments, I would leave them on the page itself, perhaps
> applying a wikistyle to make them easy to see. A lot of pages seem to use
> indented green italic text for comments. I favor the boxes that Hagan
> seemed to like so much for FAQs. ;-)

The indented green text was intended to be for "callout" notes that
might need a little bit more emphasis.  Perhaps we need to come up
with a way that we can use/style the Q: and A: markups on non-faq pages.