[pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 2, Issue 64

Hans-Göran Puke hgpuke at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 04:35:38 CDT 2005

Pm wrote:
>Most likely it's in the filesystem -- differences in the way that
>the filenames are encoded. Are the two systems involved both
>the same OS, or do they have a different OS?

They both run a version of Linux

>It may also be that the default character set for Apache or PHP
>(or the OS) may be different between the two systems.

Do you know how I can check this? I obviously do not have access to the old
host any longer.

Regarding the filenames in wiki.d, if I look at a directory-listing in vi, I
can see that the Swedish characters are encoded as 8-bit characters
(supposedly ISO8859-1).

If I make a link to a new page in the new host, such as NyRäkSmörgås, and
later edit that to create it, I can see that the filename is
Main.NyRkSmrgs(in other words, the Swedish characters are stripped off
entirely in the new
host).

--
Brgds/MVH,