[pmwiki-users] Question about moving a wiki from one host to another

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Mon Aug 8 18:55:08 CDT 2005

Since the new pages are created right and
displayed right, and the old files are also
displayed right but not linked well, I doubt it's
an encoding mismatch error. My guess is that
during transfer some sort of recoding occured,
and the special chars in the old filenames were garbled.

I would make a new page called RäkSmörgåsNew and
compare the file names in the shell to look for diferences.

Radu

At 05:59 PM 8/8/2005, Hans-Göran Puke wrote:
>For reasons too complicated to explain here, I
>was forced to move my wiki from one webhost to another.
>Because the existing host totally blocked any
>access to the contents, I had to work from a backup
>that I had created using rsync over ssh.
>
>What I did was to copy all the files from the
>backup to the new host and then change ownership
>on all files (including the directory) on wiki.d
>to match that of the web-server.
>
>Now everything seem to work as it should, EXCEPT
>pages that have Swedish characters in them, like RäkSmörgås.
>For these pages, the references to them are
>references that will create new pages.
>Trying to reference the existing pages
>explicitly in the URL bar does not help.
>Newly created pages containing Swedish characters work as expected.
>To me this seems like a character set problem,
>however, I don't know where to look for the solution,
>would it be in the configuration of Apache, PHP or pmwiki?

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)