[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Supporting different modes in default pmwiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Aug 8 13:34:43 CDT 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 07:17:23PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > Combined with conditional markup we can show different skins for
> > different 'audiences'.
>
> That sounds very reasonable. It's just a matter of how to "set" the mode
> (and remember it). The difference between the modes can probably be done
> quite extensively using (:if mode ...:).

Don't forget there are other options besides conditional markup...
in a skin template one can do:

    <!--wiki:Site.ActionLinks-$Mode Site.ActionLinks-->

which uses a specialized Site.ActionLinks-$Mode page whenever
one exists for the currently set mode, but defaults to the non-moded
page when there isn't.