[pmwiki-users] how to see IP addresses to enter into Blocklist

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Aug 8 10:53:13 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-08  05:01 PM +0200, Hugo Fjelsted Alrøe is rumored to have said:
>I am under spam attack and would like to know how see the IP addresses of
>the vandals to enter them into Blocklist.

Assuming you are using Windoze and Foxfire, the following works:

1) go to the vandalized page
2) click on "history"
3) In the bar at the top of each change where it shows Date - Time -
Author, hover your pointer over the Author name
4) The IP address appears in a "tool tip" style box
5) Right click and select "properties", the IP address appears in the
dialog box
6) In the dialog box the IP is selectable, so copy it and paste it into
your blocklist

To be really effective, you may need to block an entire IP range. Do a
whois lookup to see what the limits of the range are. Then block the entire
range using wildcards as in : 192.168.* which blocks 192.168.0.0 to
192.168.255.255.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/