[pmwiki-users] FAQ Page Layout

George J. De Bruin gdb at soundchasers.com
Sun Aug 7 01:51:23 CDT 2005

I'm going to step into the fire here and make a
suggestion...:)

> I should say first off I don't mean to come off
so adversarial. I'm a
> proponent of KISS and of not fixing what is not
broken.

I'd agree, and I think the markup could be
something like this:

> (:Q Question goes here:)
> (:A:)
> Answer goes here.
> (:Aend:)

How about, though, making them two seperate
blocks:

(:Q opt="":)
Question goes here
(:Qend:)

(:A opt="":)
Answer goes here.
(:Aend:)

Where the "opt=" sections are could be multiple
formatting options: Larg Q & A's, Color settings,
etc.

Plus, this formation would possibly allow for
future expansion, like using nesting for related
questions:

(:Q opt="TopQuestion":)
Top question here...
(:Q opt="SubQuestion1":)
Sub-question here...
(:Qend opt="SubQuestion1":)
(:Qend opt="TopQuestion:)

(:A indent=true:)
Answer the questions here
(:Aend:)

This isn't to say that all of this needs to be
done now...  I'm thinking ahead for possible
expansion that wouldn't have to change the syntax
of the markup.  (IE, would be backwards
compatible.)

// George